580 Owner’s Manual
580 Survivor Simulator Owner’s Manual
WARNINGS AND CAUTIONS
The products offered for sale by LSC are intended for use in rescue operations and survival . Inherent to all rescue and survival environments is an increased risk of injury and/or possible death to an individual or group of individuals. The equipment offered by LSC is intended to aid the professional rescuer(s) and/or survival victim(s). However, the risk of injury or death cannot be completely eliminated or foreseen. Equipment training, maintenance and continual reviews of user proficiency is vital to the proper and safe use of all rescue and survival equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchasing and end-user organization or individual to:
- Determine the suitability of equipment for the selected application.
- Define the operational procedures and safety guidelines associated with the proper utilization, maintenance (including service life) and storage of the rescue and survival equipment.
- Ensure that all individuals are thoroughly trained and familiarized with the intended purpose, correct use and function, and serviceability of the equipment.
- Ensure that the equipment is properly maintained, inspected, and ready for use at all times.
- Changes to the configuration of or modifications to LSC products are not authorized by Lifesaving Systems Corp. and are not recommended.
Deviations from these warnings and cautions may result in serious injury or death.
The field-proven Survivor Simulator is a durable and economical training aid for rescue swimmer programs and other in-water training requirements. Constructed from 1050 denier ballistics nylon casing, closed-cell flotation, and corrosion resistant hardware. The unit is able to withstand repeated helicopter deployment/drops into water from heights of up to 50 ft. Simulator is suitable all hoisting recoveries including litter, basket, and for SADPU (Sling Augmented Double Pick-up) and is equipped with MADPU (Military Aviator Double Pick-up) lifting ring.
Approximate weight: 26 lbs. (12 kg)
Stowed dimensions: 18″ L x 20½” W x 6″ H
There are no required or authorized modifications for the 490-497 Triton Vest-Harness.
Inspection and Post-Use Maintenance Requirements
- Before each use inspect all webbing, fabrics, and hardware for damage, wear, and corrosion.
- Repair or replace as required.
- Clean the Survivor Simulator with fresh water and mild soap after exposure to salt water or salt spray.
- Before stowing, allow unit to air-dry in a shaded location.
- Protect stowed unit from exposure to direct sunlight.
Service Life Policy
Lifesaving Systems Corporation (LSC) has set forth the following recommendations for Life Limits on LSC Manufactured products. These recommended service life limits are conditional upon documented maintenance and inspections performed in accordance with minimum recommendations set forth in LSC product owner’s manuals. LSC will not recertify or perform maintenance actions on products determined to be beyond these limits.
Recommended Service Life Limits
Inflatables: Inflatables manufactured by LSC have a recommended service life limit of fifteen (15) years from Date of Manufacture or ten (10) years from the date placed in service – whichever shall occur first.
Harnesses/Load Bearing Materials: Rescue harnesses and load bearing webbing products manufactured by LSC for use in Human External Cargo (HEC) operations have a recommended service life limit of fifteen (15) years from Date of Manufacture or twelve (12) years from the date placed in service – whichever shall occur first.
TSO/ATSO Approved Product Service Life: As marked on the attached label – typically 10 years from the DOM.
Steel Products: Welded steel, mechanically compressed, or assembled steel products* manufactured by LSC for use in Human External Cargo (HEC) operations have a recommended service life limit of twenty-five (25) years from Date of Manufacture or twenty (20) years from the date placed in service* – whichever shall occur first.
* this policy does not apply to hoist hooks installed on aircraft.
This policy does not supersede or alter LSC’s Limited Warranty Terms.
LSC products are warranted to the first consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months.
Tough Gear for Tough Jobs