220 Owner’s Manual
Part # 220 (series) Owner's Manual AND Instructions for Continued Airworthiness
WARNINGS AND CAUTIONS
The products offered for sale by LSC are intended for use in rescue operations and survival . Inherent to all rescue and survival environments is an increased risk of injury and/or possible death to an individual or group of individuals. The equipment offered by LSC is intended to aid the professional rescuer(s) and/or survival victim(s). However, the risk of injury or death cannot be completely eliminated or foreseen. Equipment training, maintenance and continual reviews of user proficiency is vital to the proper and safe use of all rescue and survival equipment. It is the responsibility of the purchasing and end-user organization or individual to:
- Determine the suitability of equipment for the selected application.
- Define the operational procedures and safety guidelines associated with the proper utilization, maintenance (including service life) and storage of the rescue and survival equipment.
- Ensure that all individuals are thoroughly trained and familiarized with the intended purpose, correct use and function, and serviceability of the equipment.
- Ensure that the equipment is properly maintained, inspected, and ready for use at all times.
- Changes to the configuration of or modifications to LSC products are not authorized by Lifesaving Systems Corp. and are not recommended.
Deviations from these warnings and cautions may result in serious injury or death.
- The 220 (series) trail line (tag line) packs are built to organize and prepare trail lines for quick access of a neatly stowed 120 (or 240) foot trail line with a 400-500 LB weak link, a 5-lb weight bag, and line.
- The outer case/ pack is constructed from 1050 denier ballistic nylon
- Handling gloves and V-Strap included.
- NSN 4010-01-312-4854.
- NAVAIR Approved.
Maintenance and Inspection Requirements
- After each use, carefully inspect all fabric, webbing and hardware for wear, deterioration, cuts, abrasion and broken or missing parts. Repair or replace as necessary. Individual components are available from the manufacturer. (see list below)
- Inspect weak link for frays, cuts, or loose threads. Replace if damaged.
- After immersion in salt water, rinse all components with fresh water. Mild soap may be used to clean the fabric.
- If practical, protect the Trail Line Assembly components from prolonged exposure to direct sunlight.
|Pack Size||34” L x 24.5” W|
|Line||3/8” Polypropylene Hollow Braid|
|Line Breaking Limit:||1,800 LB (816 kg)|
|Weak Link Load Limit||500 LB max (226 kg)|
Service Life Policy
Lifesaving Systems Corporation (LSC) has set forth the following recommendations for Life Limits on LSC Manufactured products. These recommended service life limits are conditional upon documented maintenance and inspections performed in accordance with minimum recommendations set forth in LSC product owner’s manuals. LSC will not recertify or perform maintenance actions on products determined to be beyond these limits.
Recommended Service Life Limits
Inflatables: Inflatables manufactured by LSC have a recommended service life limit of fifteen (15) years from Date of Manufacture or ten (10) years from the date placed in service – whichever shall occur first.
Harnesses/Load Bearing Materials: Rescue harnesses and load bearing webbing products manufactured by LSC for use in Human External Cargo (HEC) operations have a recommended service life limit of fifteen (15) years from Date of Manufacture or twelve (12) years from the date placed in service – whichever shall occur first.
TSO/ATSO Approved Product Service Life: As marked on the attached label – typically 10 years from the DOM.
Steel Products: Welded steel, mechanically compressed, or assembled steel products* manufactured by LSC for use in Human External Cargo (HEC) operations have a recommended service life limit of twenty-five (25) years from Date of Manufacture or twenty (20) years from the date placed in service* – whichever shall occur first.
* this policy does not apply to hoist hooks installed on aircraft.
This policy does not supersede or alter LSC’s Limited Warranty Terms.
LSC products are warranted to the first consumer purchaser to be free from defects in material or workmanship for a period of twelve (12) months.
Tough Gear for Tough Jobs